After a much deserved (and needed) break from house work we made a little progress this weekend (and by we I mean 95% ryan). I came home on Sunday to most of the upper cabinets back off the wall! He had been wanting to shift the stove vent over about 1/8 to give it space next to the cabinet to make it not rub when opening.
So he took down the 2 uppers and the hood. We got the hood back installed and finished the install this time (hooking it all up). Then he re-hung the 2 cabinets as well as the end bookcase so that wall is finished now. It looks great and it’s really great to have light right over the stove now that the hood is all hooked up.
It was very exciting to use the vent!